Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Painting

G loves to paint, draw, and color. But mostly to paint. I love it when he paints on paper and not the floor, walls, library books, or table.






He prefers to paint with others and he especially enjoys giving the directions to what the others should be painting.
"Paint a elephant"
"Paint a dinosaur"
"Paint a snake"

I love the fact that he recognizes and can name so many colors and animals: Giant squids? Too easy. Walking Sticks? No problem! Kinkajous, certainly you can do better than that!  
Ask him to paint each of those and they all look suspiciously similar...
I am sure at some point I will be able to tell the difference between his animals but for now I am loving what he does.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, with a mom as a walking encyclopedia of animals, he's got to know all the names I've never even heard of (or maybe I have, but it's been since the third grade since I could look through your big National Geographic collection of animal flash cards!)

I see some talent brewing... I bet you're even happy when he sticks to painting the walls solely with paint! ;-)

Leah said...

I still have my Safari Cards!
I am waiting for G to be a bit older before he gets them.
He is pretty much "housebroke" now, so hopefully his other "painting" phase is over!