Friday, August 21, 2009

She's getting so Big


Adalay had her 4 month well baby visit. She is growing like a champ and weighs in at 14pds 9oz she is tall at 25.5 inches but has a tiny little head that is in the 14% of children her age. Just the opposite of her 90th% head brother. She is 100% cute.



So with major thanks to Sarah (my BFF from 2nd grade) and this post (which I have read, and re-read at least a dozen times), I have finally made the jump to cloth diapers. I have wanted to do this since before I had Gavin but it was so much easier just to buy a box of diapers each month instead of paying for what seemed to be the gigantic start up cost of cloth diapering. Well, after months of buying one diaper at  time I finally have enough to get Adalay through 2-3 days before having to wash. 

Cloth diapers are irresistibly cute, I bought this diaper cover from from ReThink Crafts  at Etsy and I am very impressed with it so far (no leaks)! 






Adalay has decided the photo shot is officially over.


I am going to be making changes to this blog pretty soon. I am in the process of getting another one up and running. Once it is up I will provide a link so you can enjoy more Addy and G goodness.
Speaking of G...

I am all about letting kids being kids while I take their pictures and I can't stand cliche or cheesy, super posed shots. I swear this wasn't one!



Comments more than welcome!! Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for Adalay's cute little head! Yay for cloth diapers!! AND especially YAY for letting kids be kids! That is a fabulous picture of Gavin (well, all of your pictures are fabulous! By the way, I want to learn to be a better photographer. Where should I start?) I agree with you about the natural shots. They are A LOT harder to capture, though, aren't they??!

Leah said...

Start by taking lots of pictures! Learn how to use your camera and read the manual! I am going to start posting Mom-friendly camera tips on the bog so you can start there :) Or one of the other countless photo blogs (have you been here? http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/). BTW, I'm so excited for y'all having a new baby!

hkmclean said...

Adalay is so beautiful. You don't have to thank me. I am so happy to send those clothes to you. I thought you might like those little zebra shoes. I have the hat here to match it which I will be sending to you very soon.
In the future we are hoping to have a boy so hang on to Gavins clothes. You might have to send them our way. Love you all.